Expedia Group affiliates.expediagroup.com Privacy Statement
Last Modified: 15th Mar 2021
Please read the following Statement (“Privacy Statement”) to learn about our privacy practices. By creating an account on, or logging into affiliates.expediagroup.com Privacy (the “Site”) you accept the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you provide to us through the Site or given to us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information“), such as your first and last name, email address, company name, industry, point of sale, and affiliate network ID. [We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources.]
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer and your online activity when you visit the Site. For example, we may collect your IP address and information about what web browser software you use to access the Site (such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer) and referring website. Where permitted by local law, we may also automatically collect information you enter into any data fields shown on the Site, including your email address and log-in credentials. We may also collect information about your activity on the Site. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping to customize your user experience and prevent fraud. For more information, please see the Cookies and other technologies section below.
How we use your information
Communications and Marketing:
- Contact you (such as by text message, email, phone calls, mail, push notifications, or messages on other communication platforms) to provide for marketing purposes, or for other purposes as described in this Privacy Statement
- Market our products and services, optimize such marketing to be more relevant to you, and measure and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing and promotions
Other Business Purposes:
- Conduct surveys, market research, and data analytics
- Maintain, improve, research, and measure the effectiveness of our sites and apps, activities, tools, and services
- Monitor or record calls, chats, and other communications with our customer service team and other representatives, as well as platform communications between or among partners and travelers for quality control, training, dispute resolution, and as described in this Privacy Statement
- Create aggregated or otherwise anonymized or deidentified data, which we may use and disclose without restriction where permissible
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities on our Site. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about opportunities available to Expedia Group affiliates through our Site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information:
- With third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstake programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; or to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, the Site, our customers or others.
- To companies within our corporate family. To the extent that our corporate affiliates have access to your information, they will follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With your consent.
Other than as set forth above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Your Choices and Opting Out
- You can correct or opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions included in your email or by sending a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes. We reserve the right to email you with respect to important service-related notices even if you have requested not to receive emails from us. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with you, including for analytical purposes as well as for record-keeping integrity.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional emails in any such message that we send you. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this Site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Site, you will not be able to access portions of our Site.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of Site features and offerings, advertisements and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on Site.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization that is addressing this issue are in the process of determining what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Expedia currently does not take action in response to these signals. If a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using the Site and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
The Site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessed via links included on this Site. You should examine the privacy statements posted on those third-party websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
Visiting our Site from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Statement.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. The date this Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page and the terms of this Privacy Statement are effective as of that date.
How you can contact us
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:Expedia Group Att: Expedia Group Affiliate Network, 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle WA 98119